I hope that you enjoy having a lil' stroll thru my blog page. It's not very big as yet as I'm very new to this. Please leave comments as I value constructive critism and especially any praise. Love to all and Enjoy........

Monday, 11 January 2010

Graphic 45....Book Cover.BIA.

This is my second post of the day...Don't get too excited it won't happen very often.


 I have a song book that has a paper cover. As I use it regularly I want to make it stronger and also pretty too.

I have had 2 pages of Graphic 45 pp in my stash for prob 2-3 yrs. I loved them but I just couldn't into cut them to make a scrapbook page.

I love papers, sometimes too much. I have to force myself to actually use them if they are really gorgeous...Cutting them can be extremely painful, Especially if I know I won't be able to get them again.  (Sad isn't it?)

BUT, You know what I mean don't U ?

I can hear YOU nodding !!    ;)  

  I have a great tool called a "Bind It All ".

(version 2 . Version 1 is Blue.)

Many of you will be familiar with this fabulous tool.

 Yes, (sigh).  I love tools too!

And yes mine is pink! Of course!  
Well this Darling tool punches and lets you make things like this....


This is my 1st attempt at making a specialist book / bookcover.

 I love IT!

As I said earlier papers are Graphic 45. I also had a page of matching diecuts, labels and tabs etc.

I first had to heat the glue on the songbook, remove the paper cover, then slowly peel the pages off the glue spine. They actually came away 99% perfect apart from the first and last page. But they are nothing major..

Next I covered a naked BIA Chipboard Cover(cut to size) with Teal Bazzill cardstock. Then layered/ matted my pp's.
I inked all edge of papers with either Black or Chesnut permanent ink.  

Then I punched all my song sheets using the Middle method.

Next I punched both front and back cover.

Finally I assembled with the O-wire. (I only had a pink wire left but it somehows looks good. It brings out a pinkiness in the elements. Sounds good anyway. I was thinking of replacing it with block but I actually like it as it is. And as it's for me for once I don't care wot others may think!
So daring of me!)

After double and triple checking I finally squeezed the O-wire shut.
You do all punching and fitting of  the O-wire with the Bind It All tool.

Once I had assembed the book together I finally decorated the front and back .

I used lots of bits, cut and pasted from the papers. I used a few rhinestones, flowers, a couple of buttons, a couple of photo thingies.(stuck on). A couple of Papermania Silhouettes. (Key & Rose )

I cut the word BOOK using one of my Cuttlebug font dies. (I have the Sizzix Big Shot).
SONG I heat embossed using Gold ink and powder.

Inner front cover, deliberatly simple.
Inner back has a small pocket for any little notes.

Back View.

I used the Graphic 45 logo from the paper edge strip.
I like the fonts and stye used.
The card with the ladies on  in the middle is a diecut.

The back is fairly simple but still very chic.

Well I hope you like that little display..
Please leave comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment